The National Magazine Awards Foundation (NMAF) is now accepting applications for one paid Administrative Internship position for the National Magazine Awards (NMAs) and the Kenneth R. Wilson Awards (KRWs) in Toronto for Winter 2014/Spring 2015.
Duration: November 3, 2014 – June 30, 2015; 15 hrs/week on average.
Description: The successful candidate will be reporting to and working with the NMAF/KRW Communications Manager and Special Projects Manager and specifically will:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the NMAF/KRW office, including support for the submissions process, judging process, and awards production;
- Handle some of the office-related communications and outreach with the Canadian magazine industry in both English and French—including but not limited to initiating and responding to phone calls and general email;
- Assist with the research and production of content for the NMAF blog (blog.magazine-awards.com);
- Copy edit and fact check NMAF/KRW communications materials and publications, including newsletters, press releases, website copy, gala programs and related material;
- Assist with ongoing projects to promote the NMAF/KRW and its various initiatives;
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine industry;
- Ability to work independently and on deadline with goal-oriented projects;
- Solid writing and editing skills;
- Knowledge of French a strong asset;
- Career aspirations in the Canadian magazine industry or similar;
- Strong interest in fulfilling the mandate and vision of the National Magazine Awards Foundation.
Terms and Remuneration: The length of the contract will be from November 3, 2014 until June 30, 2015. The average weekly commitment may range from 10 hours per week (Nov-Dec; Feb-Mar; Jun) to 20 hours per week (Jan; Apr-May). Working hours are flexible except at specific times, and most work may be completed remotely. This internship pays $11/hour.
Applications: Candidates should submit:
- A cover letter demonstrating their specific interest in the internship;
- A resume;
- And at least one letter of reference from a professor or career mentor.
Please send applications by email to NMAF Communications Manager Émilie Pontbriand at staff[at]magazine-awards.com.
Deadline: Friday, October 24, 2014