Small Magazine Rebate – Second Entry FREE
Is Your Magazine Eligible for the Small Magazine Rebate?
The NMAF strives to ensure that the awards recognize the best work from a broad base of Canadian magazines, to that end, is offering the SECOND ENTRY FREE to magazines* whose annual revenue is $200,000 or less. If eligible, your magazine will receive two entries for the price of one. The rebate applies only to the first two entries.
*The rebate operates on a “first come, first served” basis, as the number of rebates are capped. Please apply early to ensure your magazine gets their free entry!
Here’s how to apply for the Small Magazine Rebate:
- Submit your entries to the National Magazine Awards via the Online Submissions Form (opens December 1, 2020 and closes January 21, 2021).
- At the payment stage (following submission of entries), there will be an option to select “Small Magazine.” If your magazine is eligible, you will receive an invoice by email reflecting the free entry.
Rules for Eligibility – Small Magazine Rebate
- Annual revenue includes all operating revenue as well as grants, subsidies and funding from foundations, associations or corporations.
- Small Magazine Rebate applies to the Early-Bird entry fee only; applicants who submit at the regular rate will receive their rebate at the Early-Bird rate.
- Small Magazine Rebate applies to magazine submitters only; not to individual (freelance) submitters. However, freelancers may apply for the Freelancer Support Fund.
- All magazines must comply with the NMAF’s Rules & Eligibility for entering the National Magazine Awards.
- The NMAF reserves the right to deny the Small Magazine Rebate to applicants found to be in violation of the rules.
If you have any questions about the status of your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.