Registration is open for MagNet 2013. Canada’s national magazine conference will take place June 4-7, 2013, at the Courtyard Toronto Downtown, leading up to the National Magazine Awards gala on Friday night, June 7 (at the nearby Carlu).
More than 50 sessions are on offer this year, in all areas of the industry including Ad Sales, Circulation, Design, Digital, Editorial, Management, Production and Writing.
In one of the many standout sessions, “Going for Gold: How to Create Award-Winning Content,” former NMAF President Patrick Walsh (Outdoor Canada) will join Toronto Life EIC Sarah Fulford, L’actualité EIC Carole Beaulieu, Report on Business creative director Domenic Macri, and NMA-winning writer and NMAF board member David Hayes for a discussion moderated by Deborah Rosser.
A special section of this year’s MagNet, “Meet the Inventive West,” will highlight the success of British Columbia’s magazine industry, with sessions featuring NMA winner David Beers (The Tyee), Tom Gierasimczuk (BC Business), Anicka Quin (Western Living), Gary Davies (Canada Wide Media) and more.
This year’s MagNet keynote speakers include:
- Rebecca Wesson Darwin, President and CEO of Garden & Gun
- David Carey, President of Hearst Magazines
- Bob “Bo” Sacks
- T.J. Tucker, Creative Director of Texas Monthly
Other featured sessions:
- Expand your Circulation and your brand at Straight Talk About Direct Mail and Getting Started in SIPs.
- Improve your Editorial skills and relationships with Photography 101 for Editors and The Ins and Outs of Internships.
- Build your Ad Sales muscle with Get the Most Out of Your Sales Staff and Practical Magic: Overcoming Obstacles to Get the Business.
- Maximize your Digital offerings at Monetizing the Digital Revolution and Open Book or Iron Curtain: New Social Sharing Customs.
- Get the latest strategies in publishing Management at Essential Ingredients for Publishing Success and The Future of Publishing: Modern Media Trends and Actionable Advice.
Visit magnet.magazinescanada.ca for all the details.
Following the conclusion of MagNet on Friday June 7, the 36th annual National Magazine Awards gala will open just a block down the street, at The Carlu. Details and ticket information will be announced by May 1.