The submissions process for the 36th annual National Magazine Awards opens on December 1. Whether you’re new to the NMAs or you’ve been with us for 35 years, here are six things you should read before you enter your submissions this year:
- The NMAF’s Eligibility & Rules for magazines and individuals;
- The List of Categories — There are 48 categories this year, including 3 new ones;
- The NMAF’s Frequently Asked Questions (updated since last year);
- What’s New — A complete list of changes to this year’s program approved by the NMAF board of directors in consultation with members of the magazine industry;
- The Canadian magazine industry Code of Reader & Advertiser Engagement;
- The NMA Archives — Unsure about which category to enter your work? Review the nominees and winners from previous years.
On or after December 1, visit magazine-awards.com to enter your submissions. The deadline for all entries in hand is January 16. The early bird deadline–for discounted submission fees–is January 11.