The NMAs strive to ensure that the awards recognize the best work from Canadian magazines, inclusive of diverse small and cultural magazines. The Small Magazine Rebate helps to ensure this broad base of participation. And so, we’re thrilled to offer the second entry free to the eligible magazines whose annual revenue is $200,000 or less*.
Here’s all of the information on eligibility for the rebate. Namely, the annual revenue must include all operating revenue as well as grants, subsidies, and funding; and, the rebate applies to magazine submitters only (not to individual, freelance submitters).
How do I Apply?
Simply submit your entries to the NMAs here. When you get to the payment stage, select the “Small Magazine” option. If your magazine meets the eligibility requirements, you’ll receive an invoice by email that reflects the free entry.
Why should I take advantage of the Small Magazine Rebate?
- New Readers: Award-winning magazines attract new readers who are hungry for great stories.
- Bragging Rights: Tell your readers and supporters that you are delivering the best and most credible content, recognized by your peers in the magazine industry.
- Get Noticed: With a National Magazine Award, writers and artists find new audiences for their creative work.
- Celebrate Your Creators: Editors, publishers and art directors have the opportunity to reward creative talent.
- We Promote You: The NMAF works year-round to promote award-winning magazines and creators through mass media publicity, social media channels, special promotions, and more.
Click here to begin the submission process.
For full details on the rebate, click here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions on the status of your application, and remember that the final submissions deadline is January 18, 2019.
*Please note that the rebate operates on a “first come, first served” basis; apply early to ensure your magazine gets their free entry!