The final deadline for the 45th annual National Magazine Awards is this Friday, January 21! Get your entries in before midnight for consideration at this year’s awards program. This year, there are 28 categories and eight additional cross-program categories Canadian content creators and magazines can submit their original work to, for the chance to be recognized by Canada’s most prestigious media awards organization. The 2022 NMAs will also feature two special awards: the Magazine Grand Prix and the Foundation Award for Outstanding Achievement.
The 28 NMA categories are divided into three distinct award groups: Writing & Visual Awards, Editorial Awards, and Grand Prix: Best Magazine Awards.
The eight additional cross-program awards are open to applicants of both the Digital Publishing Awards and National Magazine Awards: B2B, as well as applicants of the NMAs. For this cross-program initiative, all entries in each category will be evaluated by a single panel of judges, and one winner will be announced per each category below:
- Best Editorial Newsletter
- Best Podcast: Current Affairs
- Best Podcast: Arts, Culture and Society
- Best Online Video: Short
- Best Online Video: Feature
- Best Online Video: Mini-Doc
- Best Arts & Culture Storytelling
- Best Column
How to Submit
- Register online at https://submissions.magazine-awards.com/login
- Review the Rules and Submission Requirements to ensure eligibility
- Review the submission Categories and complete the application(s)
- Pay the required entry fees
In response to the challenges surrounding COVID-19, no hard copies are required for the 2022 NMAs and all entry materials are to be uploaded via the online submission portal.