The National Magazine Awards Foundation is seeking qualified applicants to apply for the contract position of part-time Administrative Coordinator for the National Magazine Awards and Kenneth R. Wilson Awards. The successful applicant would start immediately and the contract runs through June 30, 2012, with the possibility of continued and expanded contract work thereafter. The part-time Administrative Coordinator position requires an average of 30 hours per week of work, with a rate of pay at $18 per hour. Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2012
Responsibilities of the Administrative Coordinator:
- Answer and respond to general inquiries to the NMAF office by phone and email;
- Assist in the coordination of the submissions, judging and ticket-selling processes;
- Assist other staff in coordinating the work of interns and volunteers;
- Write, edit and proofread communications and other documentation, including reports, website, newsletters, publicity materials, press releases, gala program copy, etc.;
- Participate and take notes/minutes in meetings;
- Help coordinate the activities for NMA and KRW events.
- Capacity to work independently, manage multiple tasks and work on tight deadlines;
- Fluency or strong conversational/correspondence skills in French;
- Though some work may be done remotely, must be able to work in office regularly;
- Computer skills (MS Office, cloud computing, database);
- Copy-editing and proofreading skills;
- General administrative and office management skills.
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine industry;
- Familiarity with Content Management System type databases;
- Event planning and management experience;
- Communications and/or public relations experience;
- Leadership / personnel management experience.
To apply, please send a Cover Letter and Resume including references to:
Richard A. Johnson, Special Projects Manager, NMAF
Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2012