Tonight we honour and celebrate Canada’s top writers, artists, and other creators at the 40th anniversary National Magazine Awards.
Where: The Arcadian Court, 401 Bay Street, Simpson Tower, 8th Floor, Toronto [MAP]
7:30pm Awards presentation
9:45pm Dessert reception
Why: To recognize and celebrate excellence in the content and creation of Canadian magazines. And to acknowledge the outstanding work of Canada’s top creators and the significance of great journalism.
Kim Pittaway, Michael de Pencier, and D.B. Scott, with special appearances by other legends of Canadian magazines.
Have a ticket?
If you purchased a ticket and did not request it to be mailed, you can pick up your ticket at the Will-Call tables at the top of the elevators at the Arcadian Court. Judges may also pick up their tickets here.
Need a ticket?
Tickets are available for purchase at the door: $150 (+HST) for regular tickets (includes dinner); $75 (+HST) for show-only tickets. Cash or Credit Card accepted.
Need something to read on the way over?
How about A Short History of the National Magazine Awards.
Who’s up for Magazine of the Year?
These five amazing magazines.
What about the rest of the nominees?
Check out all the nominees for the 40th anniversary National Magazine Awards, or read the PDF for a quick reference.
Not able to come?
Follow our twitter handle @MagAwards and #NMA40 for a cascade of exciting live tweets throughout the show. Keep it right here on this blog for a full recap of the awards and all the winners (sometime after 10pm ET).
10 Tips for a Successful #NMA40 Gala
- Doors open at 6pm.
- No need to buy drink tickets this year. Cash bar will accept cash or card. (However, drink tickets are available at the bar if you’d like to purchase and treat your team or guests.)
- Hors d’oeuvres will be served during the reception (6pm-7:15pm). There will be a 30-minute break in the awards ceremony for dinner (approximately 8:30pm).
- Washrooms are through the foyer and to your left as you exit.
- Following on Twitter? We’re @MagAwards
- Gold winners: Come to the stage to accept your award (prep your speech now!).
- Silver winners: Your awards will be brought to your table later in the show.
- All other nominees: Please contact us next week to request your Honourable Mention certificates.
- The upstairs Gallery is closed during the show, but join us there afterwards for dessert and drinks.
- Celebrate each other. Get to know a magazine you’ve never seen before. Meet new writers, editors, art directors and other new colleagues. Enjoy the moment. (And get home safely.)