The National Magazine Awards Foundation (NMAF) is seeking qualified applicants to apply for the contract position of part-time Communications Coordinator for the National Magazine Awards (NMAs) and Kenneth R. Wilson Awards (KRWs). The successful applicant would start immediately and the contract runs through June 30, 2014, with the possibility of continued and expanded contract work thereafter. The part-time Communications Coordinator position requires an average of 30 hours per week of work, with a rate of pay at $18 per hour.
Responsibilities of the Communications Coordinator:
- Respond to general inquiries to the NMAF & KRWs office by phone and email;
- Assist in the coordination of the submissions, judging and ticket-selling processes;
- Coordinate the work of interns and volunteers;
- Write, edit and proofread communications and other documentation, including reports, website, newsletters, publicity materials, press releases, gala program copy, etc.;
- Capacity to work independently, manage multiple tasks and work on tight deadlines;
- Fluency or strong conversational/correspondence skills in French;
- Though most work will be done remotely, must be able to work in office regularly in January, February and March;
- Computer skills (MS Office, cloud computing, CMS database);
- Copy-editing and proofreading skills;
- General administrative and office management skills.
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine industry;
- Familiarity with Content Management System type databases;
- Communications and/or public relations experience;
- Leadership / personnel management experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including references to:
Richard A. Johnson, Special Projects Manager, NMAF
richard.johnson [at] magazine-awards.com
Deadline for Applications:
November 1, 2013