On Thursday, September 26 [Update: at 2:30pm] in Toronto the National Magazine Awards Foundation (NMAF) will host an industry Round-Table discussion concerning its policies on magazine eligibility and its judging process. All stakeholders and representatives of participating magazines are invited attend, but must RSVP not later than Friday, September 20.
Agenda: The NMAF has proposed two general topics for discussion and feedback; however, we also invite attendees to table other questions, concerns and ideas regarding the policies, procedures and roles of the NMAF in the magazine industry.
- Magazine Eligibility: What defines a magazine and who may participate in the National Magazine Awards?
- Digital Magazines & Content: Is the NMAF serving the needs of the industry and representing relevant creators?
Participants: Members of the NMAF Board of Directors and Judging Committee will join industry representatives for a 90-minute open discussion. Ideal participants will fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- General familiarity with NMAF’s operations, stakeholders and roles in the Canadian magazine industry;
- Prior service as an NMA judge, particularly judges who’ve participated in multiple years and/or multiple categories;
- Interest in / experience with being involved with the broad issues of the NMAF and the Canadian magazine industry at large;
- Working in / knowledge of digital magazine production or digital aspect of the magazine industry;
- General seniority or prominence in the industry;
- Representation from a variety of participating magazines, magazine companies, and geographic regions of Canada.
Participants from outside Toronto may attend via teleconference. Participants in Toronto are encouraged to attend in person.
Those interested to attend should please contact NMAF Special Projects Manager Richard Johnson not later than Friday, September 20.
Email: richard.johnson [at] magazine-awards.com
Confirmed participants will receive a detailed agenda and other event information by Monday, September 23.