[This post has been updated] Last night at the Courtyard Hotel in downtown Toronto the redesigned Canadian Cover Awards were presented to an audience of Canadian magazine industry professionals. Produced by CMC and Magazines Canada, and sponsored by the Alliance for Audited Media, the reception showcased awards for the most successful Canadian magazine cover in 7 categories:
- Fashion, Shopping & Bridal: ELLE Québec, August 2012 (“Véronique Cloutier“)
- General Interest, Arts, Lifestyle & Regional: Legion Magazine, Jan/Feb 2012 (“The War of 1812“)
- Home & Decor: Style at Home, September 2011 (“Bathroom Style“)
- News, Business & Celebrity: Canadian Business, February 20, 2012 (“Crash: Why House Prices are about to Fall“)
- SIPs and New Magazines: Maclean’s Royal Wedding Special
- Sports & Leisure: SkyNews, May/June 2012 (“Transit of Venus“)
- Women’s Service: Chatelaine, February 2012 (“Comfort Food Makeovers“)
Three finalists were named in each category. UPDATE: Magazines Canada press release on the winners.
Additionally, SkyNews publisher and veteran industry leader Greg Keilty was named Newsstand Marketer of the Year.
Cottage Life magazine’s circulation coordinator Amanda Beattie hosted the event. The awards competition was open to all Canadian magazine issues distributed on Canadian newsstands in 2011 and 2012 that are now sales final.
Twitter reax and more.
Related post: New Canadian Cover Awards now accepting submissions