Among Canadian consumer magazines entered, Maclean’s (macleans.ca) won 3 Gold awards (Best News Coverage; Best Use of Social Media; Best Cross-Platform Initiative), while Canadian Art (canadianart.ca) was a double Gold winner (Best Online-Only Article; Best E-Newsletter).
Other consumer (red division) winners included:
- Canadian Living (Best Data Visualization)
- Wondereur (Best Tablet Edition)
- BlogTO (Best Smartphone App)
- United Church Observer (Best Video or Multimedia Feature)
- Apartment 613 (Best Blog)
- Sharp for Men (Best Website Design)
- Red Nation (Best Overall Online-Only Publication Website)
Big winners in the Blue (B2B, trade and scholarly magazines) division were Sparksheet.com (4 Gold and 3 Silver awards), University Affairs (2 Gold and 2 Silver) and IT World Canada (2 Gold).
In the Green (newspapers and broadcasters) division, CBC dominated with 6 Gold awards, while the National Post and The Globe and Mail each won 2 Gold and 1 Silver.