The National Magazine Awards Foundation (NMAF) is now accepting applications for two (2) paid Administrative Internship positions in Toronto for Winter/Spring 2013. Deadline for applications is November 7, 2012.
Description: A great opportunity to work behind the scenes of the Canadian magazine industry through one of its most important and celebrated institutions–the National Magazine Awards. The successful candidates will be reporting to and working in consultation with the NMAF Production Manager and Special Projects Manager and specifically will:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the NMAF office, including support for the submissions process, judging process, and awards production;
- Handle some of the office-related communications and outreach with the Canadian magazine industry in both English and French—including but not limited to initiating and responding to phone calls and general email;
- Assist with the research and production of content for the NMAF blog (blog.magazine-awards.com);
- Copy edit NMAF communications materials and publications, including newsletters, press releases, website copy, gala programs and related material;
- Assist with ongoing projects to promote the NMAF and its various initiatives;
- Attend regular staff, board and committee meetings.
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine industry;
- Ability to work independently and on deadline with goal-oriented projects;
- Solid writing and editing skills;
- Knowledge of French an asset;
- Career aspirations in the Canadian magazine industry or similar;
- Strong interest in fulfilling the mandate and vision of the National Magazine Awards Foundation.
Terms and Remuneration: The length of the contract will be from November 26, 2012 until June 30, 2013. The average weekly commitment may range from 10 hours per week (Nov-Dec; Feb-Mar; Jun) to 20 hours per week (Jan; Apr-May). Working hours are flexible except at specific times, and most work may be completed remotely.
Interns will be paid a stipend of $1500 for the duration of the internship, plus receive two (2) tickets to the National Magazine Awards gala on June 7, 2013. Opportunities for additional part-time contract work may be available during the internship period.
Applications: Candidates should submit
- A cover letter demonstrating their specific interest in the internship;
- A resume;
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or career mentor.
Please send applications by email to NMAF Production Manager Josh Penslar at staff[at]magazine-awards.com.
Deadline: Wednesday, November 7, 2012.
Selected candidates will be notified for interviews the week of November 12.
For more visit the website of the National Magazine Awards Foundation.