The National Media Awards Foundation (NMAF) is seeking applications for one paid Internship position beginning in March 2019. The NMAF produces three distinct awards programs: the National Magazine Awards, National Magazine Awards:B2B and the Digital Publishing Awards. This paid internship opportunity has been made possible in part by the Government of Canada.
Contract Duration: March 15th, 2019—June 30, 2019; 10 hrs/week on average.
Description: The successful candidate will be reporting to and working in consultation with the NMAF Communications Manager and Digital Communications Coordinator and specifically will:
- Build keynote slides for the Award gala shows;
- Update various PSD documents;
- Create and build InDesign layout of nominations and event programs;
- Create digital marketing assets for web and social media;
- Strong working proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, WordPress and Keynote.
- Ability to work independently and on deadline with goal-oriented projects;
- Career aspirations in the media industry or similar;
- Strong interest in fulfilling the mandate and vision of the National Media Awards Foundation;
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine and/or digital media industry an asset;
- Gain practical knowledge of the Canadian media industry;
- Play an important role in the execution of NMAF projects and events;
- Make a great first impression on art directors, digital designers, editors, and other members of the industry;
- Enhance your skill set in graphic design;
- Learn more about Canadian magazine and digital publishers from the NMAF’s wonderful team of staff, board members, and stakeholders;
- Participate in some of Canada’s most important cultural events, the National Magazine Awards Gala, National Magazine Awards: B2B luncheon and the Digital Publishing Awards Soirée.
Terms and Remuneration: The length of the contract will be from March 15th—June 30th, 2019 with an average of 10-15 hours/week. Working hours are flexible and all work must be completed remotely.
This freelance internship is paid $18/hour.
Applications: Candidates should submit:
- A cover letter demonstrating their specific interest in the internship;
- A resume;
Please send applications by email to NMAF Communications Manager Émilie Pontbriand at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: March 7, 2019.