We’re currently accepting nominations for individuals to serve on the juries for the upcoming National Magazine Awards and Digital Publishing Awards, and join the great tradition of recognizing achievement by the creators of Canadian magazines and digital publications.
Ideal candidates should fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- Internationally renowned journalist, editor, designer or other expert with an interest in supporting the NMAF fulfill its mission;
- Editor, art director, publisher, web editor or other staff member (past or present) of a Canadian magazine, whether or not your publication participates in the National Magazine Awards or Digital Publishing Awards;
- Freelance or staff writer, illustrator, photographer or digital creator, where a significant portion of your work is in Canadian publications (especially if you have been nominated for or won a National Magazine Award or Digital Publishing Award yourself);
- Journalist (print, broadcast, digital) with expertise in a particular field represented by one or more NMA or DPA categories (such as photojournalism, service, arts & culture, fiction, poetry, etc);
- Academic or industry leader with expertise in a particular field;
- Professionals and leaders from related cultural sectors, including the visual arts (film and television), the literary arts (book writing & publishing) and the performing arts (theatre, music);
- Bilingual: Not all of our judges need be bilingual, but all awards juries will have at least one bilingual member.
The NMAF welcomes applications from individuals who bring different industry perspectives – from recognized leaders to celebrated emerging talents. We also aim for the judging panels to reflect our country’s diverse Indigenous, cultural, and regional communities.
Judging will take place during February and March 2019. Click here to learn more about the judging process. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to nominate someone to the jury. The NMAF is proud to have some of Canada’s most respected journalists and experts serve on its past juries.